Geneva to Chamonix Transfer: Your Trusted Travel Guide
Travelling from Geneva to Chamonix this ski season?
This resort is popular for a number of reasons, namely its varied pistes, family-friendly atmosphere and the fact that transfers from Geneva airport are quick and easy. Let’s face it - who wants to waste precious slope time in the car?
Let’s get you clued up before you travel! From plane to piste, here’s a closer look at everything you need to know about a Geneva to Chamonix transfer.
How Long Will a Transfer Geneva to Chamonix Take?
Usually, a transfer from Geneva airport to Chamonix will take only an hour!
The distance from Chamonix to Geneva is only 85km. However, bear in mind traffic and weather conditions can alter journey times significantly.
Geneva International Airport Information
Approximately 5km from the city centre, Geneva airport is ideally placed to serve all major ski destinations in the Alps with short transfer times.
It’s arguably one of the most popular airports for skiers, as many world-class resorts sit nearby. These include Avoriaz, Les Deux Alpes and Les Houches. Your driver will meet you at arrivals at pick up time.
Find more information about Geneva International Airport transfers here.
Our Latest Customer Testimonials
Chamonix Ski Resort Guide
What is it about Chamonix ski resort that keeps keen skiers returning year after year?
Chamonix is one of the oldest French ski resorts in the region, standing majestic for around 200 years. The resort hosted the first Winter Olympics in 1924 and has a compelling historical past.
As for skiing and snowboarding, Chamonix is the place to be for advanced skiers and snowboarders looking for a challenge. Beginners and intermediates won’t be left on the side-lines however, the 20km Valle Blanch glacier run is a delight for lower level skiers.
The bustling French town of Chamonix is now home to 9000 inhabitants. It may not be the small, purpose-made ski village it once was, but the lively atmosphere, historical background and excellent skiing more than makes up for it.
Nestled in the heart of the Alps, this isn’t all this popular French resort has to offer:
- Chamonix valley has five separate ski areas to suit a range of abilities
- Many challenging pistes - 70% red or black
- A vibrant and lively surrounding town
- Excellent apres-ski
- Plenty of entertainment options away from the slopes
- Many sights and attractions
- Lake Geneva is nearby
Why Use Alps2Alps?
With over 10 years’ experience in the transfer business, we’re the industry leader for affordable and fuss free transfers in the Alps.
Here’s what sets us apart from the competition;
Dynamic pricing for
the cheapest transfer deals
Quick & easy
The Benefits of Choosing an Alps2Alps Transfer
From comfortable vehicles to free child seats - booking a transfer with us comes with great benefits. Here’s a taste of what you can expect from this quality ski transfer company;
Modern fleet of over 100 vehicles
Cars equipped for winter conditions
Water & Wi-Fi onboard free of charge
Extra luggage space for skis & bags
24/7 dispatch centre
Special ski rental and storage offers for transfer clients
Free child and booster seats on request
How the Alps2Alps Process Works
What to know what a transfer with us looks like? Let’s break it down, step by step;
- Book your transfer online in seconds via our online booking form
- Receive booking confirmation by email
- If we’re missing any information, our customer service team will contact you so that we can provide you with the best service possible (e.g. flight number, name of your accommodation)
- 3 days before we send you a reminder about your upcoming transfer
- 10 mins before the transfer we’ll send you a sms reminder about your transfer including the transfer vehicle number, driver name and telephone number so you can track your driver and contact them if necessary
- Your driver will meet you at the arrival’s hall with a sign with your name. Your driver will then escort you to the transfer vehicle and carefully pack your baggage in the car while you settle in
- Your driver will transport you safely to your chosen destination. All transfers are door-to-door. Exceptions: if the road is closed or if it's too narrow for the car, or if the resort is a car-free area. In these cases, you will be taken as close as possible to your accommodation
- After the trip, we will send you a thank you email, upcoming offers and if you’d like to leave us a review we’d be very grateful!
Types of Transfers Offered
At Alps2Alps we offer two different types of transfers; private and shared.
Our private transfers are perfect for individuals, groups up to 8 people and families with children. With a private transfer, there is zero waiting time as your driver will meet & greet you at arrivals and escort you to your transfer vehicle.
Families travelling with small children can also arrange to stop en-route to visit the shops or stretch their legs.
If you’re looking for the cheapest route to the Alps, a shared transfer is a great alternative. Just bear in mind that you may have to wait for up to 2 hours depending on the shared service you have chosen. We always schedule our shared transfers to minimise waiting time. And you never know- you might make some new friends!
Save Money on Your Transfer
Alps2Alps have some of the best private transfer prices on the market thanks to our dynamic pricing strategy.
We take a number of factors into consideration to find the cheapest option available;
- Your transfer journey
- Arrival & departure airport
- Ski resort destination
- Number of people travelling
- Time and date of transfer
- Special discounts available
For example, we offer cheaper off-peak transfers, affordable midweek transfers as well as seasonal offers and discounts to help you ski on a budget.
The Benefits of Booking Midweek
Want to save on your transfer? We offer cheaper midweek transfers (Monday-Friday) that can save you up to 50% compared to weekend travel.
The added benefit of a midweek transfer is that there is less traffic, the resorts are quieter and there are shorter ski lift queues. Get from plane to piste faster by booking midweek.
Book Your Transfer to Chamonix
Ready to get started? Book your ski transfer today. See you at the airport!