Memmingen Airport Transfer Guide
Memmingen International Airport (also known as Allgäu-Airport Memmingen) mostly features flights to European leisure and metropolitan destinations, therefore it's hugely popular amongst ski holiday lovers.
Alps2Alps are ready to pick you up from Memmingen and take you to your desired ski resort for the perfect ski vacation with comfort and ease.
Here’s everything you need to know about a Memmingen Airport transfer to nearby ski resorts.
Memmingen Airport is located in the south of Germany, 5km from Memmingen city and 117 km from Munich, hence low-cost airlines fly to Memmingen instead of Munich. The borders with Austria and Switzerland are quite close, making it a good choice for winter sports enthusiasts.
Closest Ski Resorts to Memmingen Airport
Memmingen Airport is only 2-3 hours drive to plenty of world-class ski resorts. It is a good starting point to reach the ski resorts in the Alps of Germany, north-eastern Switzerland and north-western Austria.
Here are some ski resorts that are close to Memmingen Airport. Transfer times are approximate:
- Alpbach (Austria) - 241 km/ 3 hours 15 minutes
- Arlberg (Austria) - 152 km/ 2 hours 45 minutes
- Davos (Switzerland) - 198 km/ 2 hours 40 minutes
- Finkenberg (Austria) - 273 km/ 3 hours 45 minutes
- Fulpmes (Austria) - 197 km/ 2 hours 45 minutes
- Hochgurgl (Austria) - 197 km/ 3 hours 15 minutes
- Garmisch-Partenkirchen (Germany) - 135 km/ 2 hours
- Ischgl (Austria) - 209 km/ 2 hours 45 minutes
- Kaltenbach (Austria) - 235 km/ 3 hours 20 minutes
- Kaprun (Austria) - 290 km/ 4 hours 10 minutes
- Kaunertal (Austria) - 177 km/ 2 hours 40 minutes
- Klosters (Switzerland) - 183 km/ 2 hours 40 minutes
- Lech (Austria) - 169 km/ 2 hours 15 minutes
- Lenzerheide (Switzerland) - 186 km/ 2 hours 30 minutes
- Livigno (Italy) - 250 km/ 4 hours 10 minutes
- Mayrhofen (Austria) - 251 km/ 3 hours 30 minutes
- Obergurgl (Austria) - 201 km/ 3 hours 20 minutes
- Solden (Austria) - 187 km/ 2 hours 55 minutes
- Söll (Austria) - 215 km/ 3 hours
- St Anton (Austria) - 175 km/ 2 hours 15 minutes
- St Christoph (Austria) - 165 km/ 2 hours 10 minutes
- Stuben (Austria) - 159 km/ 2 hours
- Zell am Ziller (Austria) - 242 km/ 3 hours 20 minutes
- Zurs (Austria) - 164 km/ 2 hours 10 minutes
Memmingen Airport Public Transport Links
You can easily reach Memmingen Airport from the centre by public transport - or a taxi if you prefer. In good weather and road conditions, the drive from Memmingen to Munich should only take 1.5 hours. For this reason, it's hugely popular with skiing enthusiasts.
For the most comfortable travel from airport to your selected ski resort, we recommend using private transfer services, because you may have to have several changes if travelling by public transport.
Airlines Flying to Memmingen Airport
Here's a list of the most common airlines flying into Memmingen Airport:
- Wizz Air
Alternative Airports Nearby
Whether you have difficulties finding the flight you need or a diversion is needed, it's useful to know which airports are the closest. Here are some nearby alternatives to Memmingen Airport:
- Friedrichshafen Airport - 79 km / 1 hour 20 minutes
- Munich Airport - 142 km/ 1 hour 45 minutes
- Innsbruck Airport - 182 km/ 2 hours 40 minutes
Here, a popular choice in the place of Memmingen is Munich Airport. Whichever you choose, ensure you can rely on your ski transfer on the other side! Whether Memmingen Airport, Munich or Innsbruck - travelling can be stress-free. Public transport delays will significantly eat into your time on the slopes.
Cost of Flying with your Ski to Memmingen Airport
We've looked at the prices of the main airline companies flying into Memmingen Airport. Here's the approximate cost to travel with your own skis:
- NIKI - € 20 per flight
- Pobeda - € 55 per flight
- Ryanair - € 40 per flight
- Wizz Air - € 30 per flight
These could change depending on departure/arrival point and other factors.
Cost of Transfers from Memmingen Airport
Our main goal is to ensure you the best possible transfer service for your ski holidays in Alps.
Here are the main factors that we take into account when making you a great offer:
- Chosen airport and location of ski resort you wish to travel to
- The day and time of your travel (midweek is the best choice for a discount!)
- The size of the group travelling
- Additional discounts that can be offered to you
Travelling off-peak and off-season means significant savings - up to 60% sometimes!
We consider vehicle availability, transfer schedule, vehicle utilisation as well as other costs, for example, parking or road tolls when quoting your Memmingen ski transfer. Find out more about our transfer prices here.
Important Information About Memmingen Airport
If you're flying into Memmingen Airport, here are some vital links to the useful information you may need:
Memmingen Airport Homepage
Memmingen Tourist Guide
Memmingen Weather Forecast
Munich Tourist Guide
Memmingen Ski Transfers with Alps2Alps
Our main priorities are quality and safety when offering cut-price services for our clients. Our English speaking, professional drivers will transport you from Memmingen Airport to your desired ski resort in the best possible way. We are proud of our exceptional reliability and punctuality that you can rely on.
Our fleet of cars is formed by modern Renault Trafic, Opel Vivaro and Mercedes E Class vehicles. Vehicles are well equipped for winter conditions and implement with local authority regulation.
Find out more and book your transfer here!