Munich Airport Transfers; A Guide to Private Ski Transfers
Munich Airport is a major international hub and Germany's second-largest airport, handling almost 48 million passengers in 2019. Due to its southern location in Germany, the airport sits nearby Switzerland and Austria, making it a popular choice for winter sports enthusiasts.
Will your next ski holiday start at Munich Airport? Alps2Alps would love to welcome you with our Munich Airport transfers to your desired Alpine ski resort.
Here you can find all of the necessary information you need about our private airport transfer services and get prepped for a stay at the slopes!
Convenient Location for Alps’ Skiing
Munich is in the southeast of Germany, and it is the capital of the State of Bavaria. Its prime location means Munich International Airport is within a reasonable driving distance from the Bavarian Alps and within reach of some of the world's most renowned ski resorts in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
Munich city centre is famous for its open-air markets and shopping, so be sure to visit the city if you have any free time.
Transfer Times from Munich Airport to Popular Ski Resorts
Munich Airport is close to many popular ski resorts, so you can travel door-to-door in a little over two hours in many circumstances - perfect for those who are itching to surf the snow!
Here is a round-up of the popular transfer routes from Munich International Airport and their transfer times.
Transfer times are approximate only, as weather and traffic conditions can have a significant impact on travel.
- Alpbach Ski Resort (Austria) - 171 km/ 2 hours 15 minutes
- Brixen (Italy) - 286 km/ 3 hours 30 minutes
- Ellmau Resort (Austria) - 151 km/ 2 hours 10 minutes
- Garmisch-Partenkirchen (Germany) - 127 km/ 2 hours 5 minutes
- Hopfgarten (Austria) - 154 km/ 2 hours 5 minutes
- Innsbruck (Austria) - 204 km/ 2 hours 45 minutes
- Kuhtai (Austria) - 200 km/ 3 hours 20 minutes
- Lech Zürs am Arlberg Resort (Austria) - 225 km/ 3 hours 40 minutes
- St. Anton am Arlberg Ski Resort (Austria) - 225km / 3hours 35 minutes
Airlines Flying to Munich Airport
Here’s the list of the most common airlines flying into Munich Airport:
- Aegean Airlines
- Air Baltic
- Air Canada
- Air China
- Air Dolomiti
- Air France
- American Airlines
- British Airways
- Etihad Airways
- LOT Polish Airlines
- Turkish Airlines
- United Airlines
- UTair Aviation
Alternative Airports Near Munich
If you're struggling to find the flight you want, or Munich Airport seems too far from your chosen ski destination, it's helpful to know the other ski transfer airports close to Munich. Here are some nearby alternatives:
- Augsburg Airport - 85 km/ 1 hour
- Innsbruck Airport - 207 km/ 2 hours 30 minutes
- Memmingen Airport - 145 km/ 1 hour 40 minutes
- Salzburg Airport - 176 km / 2 hours 5 minutes
Transport from Munich Airport
Munich airport is located 40 km from the city centre and can be accessed by train, bus or taxi.
For the most convenient travel to your selected ski resort, we highly recommend using private transfer services, as public transport may involve several changes or delays.
Cost of Munich Airport Transfers
We aim to provide you with the best possible airport or train station transfer service in the Alps. Our dynamic pricing structure guarantees the best deal; your quote depends on several factors - we don’t have fixed rates.
Here are the considerations when we make you a great offer on our cheap ski transfers:
- The time and day of your transfer
- Chosen airport and location of the resort you wish to travel to
- The number of people in your group
- Any special offers or discounts we are currently running
You can make big savings when you travel off-peak and off-season, and you can sometimes save up to 60% when travelling midweek.
Our amazing ski transfer quotes also consider vehicle availability, transfer schedule and parking or road tolls. You can learn more about our transfer prices online.
Cost of Flying with your Skis to Munich Airport
If you're planning on bringing personal skis to the Alps, factor in the cost of excess baggage for your flights. Airline companies all charge different fees for extra baggage; here's the rough cost of travelling with a pair of skis:
- No Extra Charge - Air Canada
- Under €35 - American Airlines; Emirates; KLM; NIKI; Transavia; Turkish Airlines; United Airlines and Volotea
- €35 - €50 - Aegean Airlines; Aeroflot; Air Baltic; Air Dolomiti; Air France; British Airways; Condor; EasyJet; EuroWings; LOT Polish Airlines; Lufthansa; Norweigan Air; Ryanair; SAS and UTair Aviation
- €100 + - AirChina and Etihad Airways
*All baggage prices are approximate. They may change depending on departure/arrival point and other factors. We recommend getting acquainted with the airlines official info - in many cases skis can be carried as checked baggage within the free baggage allowance.
Benefits of Private Shuttle Services from Munich Airport
If you're curious about the perks of private transfers from Munich Airport instead of taking public transfers, buckle up:
- A fleet of over 100 modern vehicles
- Vehicles equipped for all weather conditions
- Wi-Fi and water onboard
- Extra space for luggage and skis
- 24-hour dispatch centre, 7-days a week
- Free child seats and booster seats on request
- A warm and welcome team, from customer service to our drivers
Why Alps2Alps Should Be Your Ski Transfer Provider;
We have been providing efficient, friendly and comfortable ski transfers from Munich Airport for over ten years. Our practice and care mean we are now industry leaders in affordable and fuss-free Munich to Alps transfers.
How are we a step ahead of our competition?
Munich Airport Transfers with Alps2Alps
Making a booking with Alps2Alps is designed to be simple and stress-free. Simply fill out our 5-minute online booking form, drop us an email or call our friendly bookings team.
Ready to get started? Book your ski transfer from Munich today, and we'll see you at the airport!