Zurich Airport & Transfer Guide
Being the largest international airport in Switzerland, Zurich Airport (also known as Kloten Airport) is the ideal place to start if you’re planning a ski holiday.
Here at Alps2Alps, we’re ready and available to pick you up from Zurich Airport and take you to your desired resort in comfort.
Here’s everything you need to know about a Zurich Airport transfer and the surrounding ski resorts.
Zurich Airport is located 13km north of Zurich city centre, a must visit if you have enough free time. It’s among the world’s largest financial centres and boasts a rich cultural heritage, including many museums and art galleries.
Closest Ski Resorts to Zurich Airport
Zurich Airport is only a few hours’ drive from plenty of world-class ski resorts that cater to every taste and skiing levels. Below are some of the most popular choices close to Zurich Airport and their transfer times.
Please not that these are approximate, as weather and traffic conditions can have a significant impact on transfer times:
- Andermatt (Switzerland) - 126 km/ 2 hours 10 minutes
- Arlberg (Austria) - 200 km/ 3 hours 50 minutes
- Arosa (Switzerland) - 153 km/ 2 hours 30 minutes
- Davos (Switzerland) - 153 km/ 2 hours 15 minutes
- Engelberg (Switzerland) - 101 km/ 1 hour 35 minutes
- Flims (Switzerland) - 153 km/ 2 hours 20 minutes
- Flumserberg (Switzerland) - 101 km/ 1 hour 45 minutes
- Garmisch-Partenkirchen (Germany) - 281 km/ 4 hours
- Ischgl (Austria) - 234 km/ 3 hours 10 minutes
- Kaunertal (Austria) - 244 km/ 3 hours 15 minutes
- Klosters (Switzerland) - 141 km/ 2 hours 25 minutes
- Lech (Austria) - 194 km/ 2 hours 40 minutes
- Livigno (Italy) - 209 km/ 3 hours 55 minutes
- Solden (Austria) - 280 km/ 3 hours 45 minutes
- St Anton (Austria) - 200 km/ 2 hours 35 minutes
- St Moritz (Switzerland) - 209 km/ 3 hours 15 minutes
- Verbier (Switzerland) - 282 km/ 3 hours 25 minutes
- Zermatt (Switzerland) - 231 km/ 4 hours 20 minutes
Zunich Airport Public Transport Links
You can easily reach Zurich Airport from the city centre with public transport, scheduled buses, trains or taxis as it’s only a ten minute drive.
Of course, you can also opt for a private transfer service that offers more comfort and reliability. Should you choose public transport, you could be lumbered with several unexpected changes.
Alternative Airports Nearby
Should flights be fully booked or you’re in need of a diversion, it’s useful to know of alternative airports nearby. Here are a handful of the close international alternatives to Zurich Airport.
We can provide you with transfer services to these destinations if necessary:
- Basel Airport - 94 km/ 1 hour 20 minutes
- Friedrichshafen Airport - 158 km / 2 hours 20 minutes
- Memmingen Airport - 201 km/ 2 hours 40 minutes
Airlines Flying to Zurich
Below is a list of the most common airlines flying into Zurich Airport:
- Aer Lingus
- Air Baltic
- Air Canada
- Air China
- Air France
- American Airlines
- Austrian Airlines
- British Airways
- Delta Air
- Etihad Airways
- Germania Flug
- LOT Polish Airlines
- Qatar Airways
- Scandinavian Airlines
- Singapore Airlines
- Swiss International
- TAP Portugal
- Turkish Airlines
- United Airlines
Cost of Flying with your Skis to Zurich Airport
Airline companies will charge different fees for your baggage. We’ve looked at the prices of the main airline companies flying into Zurich airport. Here’s an approximate cost for each when travelling with your own skis:
- Aer Lingus - € 40 per flight
- Aeroflot - € 40 per flight
- AirBaltic - € 35 per flight
- Air Canada - no extra charge
- Air China - € 100 per flight
- Air France - € 35 per flight
- Alitalia - € 75 per flight
- American Airlines - € 25 per flight
- Austrian Airlines - € 50 per flight
- British Airways - € 45 per flight
- Delta Air - € 125 per flight
- EasyJet - € 40 per flight
- Emirates - € 30 per flight
- Etihad Airways - € 200 per flight
- Eurowings - € 50 per flight
- Finnair - € 30 per flight
- Germania Flug - € 50 per flight
- Iberia - € 45 per flight
- KLM - € 25 per flight
- LOT Polish Airlines - € 40 per flight
- Lufthansa - € 50 per flight
- NIKI - € 20 per flight
- Qatar Airways - € 40 per flight
- SAS - € 35 per flight
- Singapore Airlines - € 120 per flight
- Swiss International - € 50 per flight
- TAP Portugal - € 50 per flight
- Transavia - € 29 per flight
- Turkish Airlines - € 25 per flight
- United Airlines - € 30 per flight
- Vueling - € 35 per flight
All baggage prices above are approximate, and may change depending on departure/arrival points and other factors. We highly recommend getting acquainted with the official airline information. In some cases skis can be carried as checked baggage within the free baggage allowance.
Costs of Transfers from Zurich Airport
Our priority is to ensure that you get the best transfer service possible for your skiing holiday. Our dynamic, flexible pricing structure guarantees that you’ll get the best possible price.
Here are the main factors that we take into account when making you a great offer:
- Chosen airport and location of ski resort you wish to travel
- The day and time of your travel (midweek is the best choice for a discount!)
- The size of the group traveling
- Additional discounts that can be offered to you
Travelling off-peak and off-season can also mean significant savings. If you’re travelling midweek, prices can differ by up to 60%.
We also consider vehicle availability, transfer schedules and vehicle utilisation. Other costs are also taken into consideration such as road and parking tolls when quoting your transfer.
Find out more about our airport transfer prices here.
Important Information for Zurich Airport
If you’re flying into Zurich Airport, here are some vital links to useful information you may need to know:
Zurich Airport Homepage
Zurich Airport Lounges
Zurich Tourism Information
Zurich Weather Forecast
Transfers from Zurich Airport with Alps2Alps
Quality and safety are the most important factors when it comes to our affordable Zurich Airport transfer service. Our English speaking, professional drivers will transport you from Zurich to your desired ski resort as efficiently as possible. We’re proud of our exceptional reliability and punctuality.
Our fleet of cars consists of modern Mercedes E Class, Renault Trafic and Opel Vivaro vehicles. All our cars are equipped for winter conditions and always adhere to local authority regulations.
Find out more and book your transfer from Zurich airport here!