Basel Airport & Transfer Guide
Basel Airport’s full name is EuroAirport Basel-Mulhouse-Freiburg. It’s an international airport, located on the border of France and Switzerland, handling over 7 million passengers every year. Therefore, it’s a brilliant starting place for your ski holiday and Alps2Alps are happy to provide your transfer from the airport. Here you will find all the necessary information about Basel Airport and transfers to local ski resorts.
Basel Airport is located in France, but is only 3 km from Basel, Switzerland. This makes it ideally located for easy access to many ski resorts.
Closest Ski Resorts to Basel Airport
BSL Airport has an appealing location for winter sport lovers - there are many ski resorts only a 2-3 hours’ drive away. Here are some ski resorts that are close to Basel Airport. These transfer times are approximate only - weather and traffic conditions can have a significant impact on travel.
- Adelboden (Switzerland) - 166 km/ 2 hours 20 minutes
- Andermatt (Switzerland) - 175 km/ 2 hours 30 minutes
- Arosa (Switzerland) - 238 km/ 3 hours 10 minutes
- Brig (Switzerland) - 325 km/ 3 hours 45 minutes
- Champery (Switzerland) - 233 km/ 3 hours 15 minutes
- Château-d'Oex (Switzerland) - 187 km/ 2 hours 35 minutes
- Chatel (France) - 231 km/ 2 hours 55 minutes
- Crans-Montana (Switzerland) - 292 km/ 3 hours 50 minutes
- Davos (Switzerland) - 240 km/ 3 hours 10 minutes
- Engelberg (Switzerland) - 137 km/ 2 hours
- Grindelwald (Switzerland) - 173 km/ 2 hours 30 minutes
- Interlaken (Switzerland) - 165 km/ 2 hours 25 minutes
- Lech (Austria) - 279 km/ 3 hours 35 minutes
- Les Diablerets (Switzerland) - 225 km/ 2 hours 50 minutes
- Portes du Soleil (Switzerland) - 230 km/ 3 hours 5 minutes
- St Moritz (Switzerland) - 289 km/ 3 hours 50 minutes
- Verbier (Switzerland) - 260 km/ 3 hours 15 minutes
- Wengen (Switzerland) - 173 km/ 2 hours 30 minutes
- Leukerbad (Switzerland) - 292 km/ 3 hours 35 minutes
- Lenzerheide (Switzerland) - 229 km/ 2 hours 55 minutes
Basel Airport Public Transport Links
Basel Airport is accessible by public transport, such as bus, train or taxi.
For the most comfortable travel from the airport to your selected ski resort, we highly recommend using private transfer services, as you may have multiple changes if travelling by public transport.
Airlines Flying to Basel Airport
Here’s the list of the most common airlines flying into EuroAirport Basel:
- Aigle Azur
- Air France
- Air Transat
- Austrian Airlines
- British Airways
Alternative Airports Near Basel
Whether you’re struggling to find the flight you want or a diversion is needed, it’s always helpful to know the closest airports. Here are some nearby alternatives to Basel Airport:
- Zurich Airport - 95 km / 1 hour 20 minutes
- Geneva Airport - 257 km/ 3 hours 10 minutes
Cost of Flying with your Skis to Basel Airport
Airline companies all charge different fees for your baggage. We have looked at the prices of the main airline companies flying into Basel Airport. Here’s the approximate cost of travelling with your own skis:
- Aigle Azur - € 25 per flight
- Air France - € 35 per flight
- Air Transat - € 90 per flight
- Austrian Airlines - € 50 per flight
- British Airways - € 45 per flight
- Condor - € 50 per flight
- EasyJet - € 40 per flight
- Eurowings - € 50 per flight
- KLM - € 25 per flight
- Lufthansa - € 50 per flight
- Ryanair - € 40 per flight
- TUIfly - € 65 per flight
- Turkish Airlines - € 25 per flight
- Vueling - € 35 per flight
- Wizz Air - € 30 per flight
*All the baggage prices are approximate – they may change depending on departure/arrival point and other factors. We recommend getting acquainted with the airline’s official info - in many cases skis can be carried as checked baggage within the free baggage allowance.
Cost of Transfers from Basel Airport
Providing you with the best possible transfer service in Alps region is our main goal. Our dynamic pricing structure guarantees you will get the best deal possible. Your quote depends on several circumstances and aspects - we don’t have fixed rates.
There are significant savings to be had when travelling off-peak and off-season - the prices may differ by up to 60% if travelling midweek compared to the weekend.
We also take into account vehicle availability, transfer schedule, vehicle utilization and other costs, such as parking or road tolls when quoting your transfer.
Find out more about our transfer prices here.
Transfers from Basel Airport with Alps2Alps
When offering cut-price services for our clients, quality and safety are still our main priorities. Our English speaking, professional drivers will transport you from Basel Airport to your desired ski resort in the best possible way. We are proud of our exceptional reliability and punctuality.
Our fleet of cars is made up of modern Renault Trafic, Opel Vivaro and Mercedes E Class vehicles. All vehicles are well-equipped for winter conditions and comply with local authority regulations.
Find out more and book your transfer from Basel Airport here!