Chambery Airport Transfer Guide
Chambery rests in south-eastern France in the Auvergne-Rhone-Alpes region, and is the ideal airport destination if you’re looking to land in the heart of the French Alps.
It’s also a dream location for winter sports enthusiasts, with plenty of ski resorts less than two hours away from the airport. We’d be honoured to get you on your way with one of our Chambery airport transfers.
Below you’ll find all the important information regarding Chambery Airport ski transfers, the area and nearby ski resorts.
Chambery Airport is located 12km from Chambery city, 110km from Lyon, the third-largest city of France, and 85km from Geneva.
Closest Ski Resorts to Chambery Airport
Chambery’s location makes it a very popular starting point for ski holidays amongst winter sports lovers. These transfer times are approximations, as weather and traffic conditions can significantly impact the length of your journey. Here are some of the closest ski resorts to Chambery Airport.
- Bourg St-Maurice (France) - 112 km/ 1 hour 40 minutes
- Chamrousse (France) - 89 km/ 1 hour 30 minutes
- Courchevel (France) - 99 km/ 1 hour 30 minutes
- L’Alpe d’Huez (France) - 131 km/ 2 hours 20 minutes
- La Plagne (France) - 118 km/ 2 hours
- La Rosiere (France) - 133 km/ 2 hours 10 minutes
- Le Grand-Bornand (France) - 83 km/ 1 hour 20 minutes
- Les Arcs (France) - 136 km/ 2 hours 10 minutes
- Les Carroz (France) - 119 km/ 1 hour 35 minutes
- Les Deux Alpes (France) - 134 km/ 2 hours 10 minutes
- Les Gets (France) - 127 km/ 1 hour 55 minutes
- Les Menuires (France) - 112 km/ 1 hour 40 minutes
- Megeve (France) - 93 km/ 1 hour 40 minutes
- Méribel (France) - 102 km/ 1 hour 40 minutes
- Morillon (France) - 124 km/ 1 hour 45 minutes
- Morzine (France) - 135 km/ 2 hours
- Tignes (France) - 144 km/ 2 hours 30 minutes
- Chambery to Val d'Isère - 145 km/ 2 hours 15 minutes
- Valmorel (France) - 96 km/ 1 hour 20 minutes
- Chambery to Val Thorens - 122 km/ 2 hours
- Villard-de Lans (France) - 112 km/ 1 hour 45 minutes
Chambéry Airport Public Transport Links
The airport is located 12km from the city centre and is reachable by bus or taxi. For the most convenient trip to your selected ski resort, we suggest using private transfer service. You’ll avoid several changes that are necessary when using public transportation.
Cost of Flying with your Skies to Chambery Airport
Airline companies charge different fees for your baggage. Below are the approximate prices for traveling with your own skis across all the main airlines flying into Chambery Airport:
- British Airways - € 45 per flight
- Flybe - no extra charge
- Norwegian air - € 35 per flight
- SAS - € 35 per flight
- Transavia - € 29 per flight
All baggage prices are approximate. It may change depending on departure/arrival points and other factors. We recommend becoming familiar with the airlines official information – in many cases skies can be carried as checked baggage within the free baggage allowance.
Airlines Flying to Chambery Airport
Here are the most common airlines flying into Chambery Airport:
- British Airways
- Norwegian air
Alternative Airports Nearby
In case of emergencies, or a potential diversion, it’s always helpful to know the closest airports. Here are some nearby alternatives:
- Lyon Saint-Exupery Airport - 87 km / 1 hour
- Grenoble Airport - 91 km/ 1 hour 5 minutes
- Geneva Airport - 90 km/ 1 hour 10 minutes
Cost of Transfers from Chambery Airport
Our priority at Alps2Alps is to provide you with the best ski transfer service in the Alps region. Our dynamic pricing structure guarantees you’ll get the best deal. We don’t have fixed rates, meaning our prices depend on specific circumstances of each trip.
Here are the factors we consider when putting together the cheapest package:
- The day and time of travel (midweek is the right choice for a discount!)
- Chosen airport and location of resort you wish to travel to
- The number of people traveling
- Any special additional discounts we can offer you
Off-peak and off-season travellers can expect significant savings on transfer costs. Prices can differ up to 60% if you’re travelling midweek compared to weekends.
We also consider vehicle availability, transfer schedule, vehicle utilisation and other costs. For example, road tolls or parking may impact your costs when getting a quote for your transfer.
Find out more about transfer prices here.
Important Information about Chambery Airport
Flying to Chambery Airport? Here are some important links with important information you may need:
Transfers from Chambery Airport with Alps2Alps
We often promote special offers and services for our clients, especially on midweek transfers, without compromising on quality, reliability or efficiency.
All of our drivers are English speakers and operate in a professional manner. They’ll transport you from Chambery Airport to your desired ski resort. We take pride in our exceptional punctuality and our 5 star rating, so you can expect the highest standards.
Our fleet of cars consists of modern Opel Vivaro, Renault Trafic and Mercedes E Class vehicles. All are fully equipped for winter conditions and comply with local authority regulations.
Find out more and book your transfer from Chambery Airport here!