Venice Marco Polo Airport and Transfer Guide
Named after the famous merchant traveller, Venice Marco Polo Airport is located near the centre of Venice, and is the fifth busiest airport in Italy. Luckily, it’s easily reachable and near the tourist sights of the city and an abundance of high quality ski resorts.
Here you’ll find all the necessary information about Venice airport, the nearby ski resorts, and all the transport options available.
Venice Marco Polo airport is located just 12km from the centre of Venice. We recommend using the opportunity to explore and discover the beautiful and romantic city streets.
Closest Ski Resorts to Venice Airport
Venice Marco Polo airport is the fifth busiest in Italy, and a convenient starting point for a variety of skiing destination in the Italian Alps.
The transfer times below are approximate only. Weather and traffic conditions can significantly impact transfer times. Here are some of the closest resorts to Venice Airport:
- Alpe Cermis-Cavalese - 150 km/ 3 hours 25 minutes
- Alpe di Pampeago - 152 km/ 3 hours 10 minutes
- Alpe di Siusi/Seiser Alm - 148 km/ 2 hours 45 minutes
- Alta Badia - 168 km/ 3 hours 5 minutes
- Aprica - 310 km / 4 hours
- Arabba - 152 km/ 2 hours 50 minutes
- Campitello di Fassa - 169 km/ 3 hours
- Canazei - 166 km/ 3 hours
- Cortina d’Ampezzo - 137 km/ 2 hours 15 minutes
- Corvara - 163 km/ 3 hours 20 minutes
- Dobbiaco/Toblach - 169 km/ 2 hours 55 minutes
- Falcade-Caviola - 133 km/ 2 hours 10 minutes
- Folgarida - 198 km/ 3 hours 30 minutes
- La Villa/Stern - 169 km/ 3 hours 10 minutes
- Madonna di Campiglio - 210 km/ 3 hours 45 minutes
- Marilleva - 203 km/ 3 hours 30 minutes
- Obereggen - 160 km/ 3 hours 25 minutes
- Passo del Tonale - 216 km/ 3 hours 50 minutes
- Pinzolo - 193 km/ 3 hours 30 minutes
- Kronplatz - 198 km/ 3 hours 50 minutes
- Pozza di Fassa - 161 km/ 2 hours 50 minutes
- San Vigilio di Marebbe/St. Vigil in Enneberg - 191 km/ 3 hours 35 minutes
- Santa Cristina (Val Gardena) - 235 km/ 3 hours 50 minutes
- Sappada - 143 km/ 2 hours 20 minutes
- St. Ulrich/Ortisei - 227 km/ 3 hours 35 minutes
- Val di Fassa/Fassatal - 163 km/ 2 hours 55 minutes
Venice Airport Public Transport Links
Being just 12km away from the city centre, Venice airport is well connected to transportation, with plenty of options to choose from. It’s easily reachable by train, bus, car and taxi.
You can travel to your chosen ski resort by bus, train or rent a car, but for the most reliable and easy transportation we recommend a private transfer service. You’ll avoid any unexpected changes or extra charges that may come with public transportation.
Airlines Flying to Venice Marco Polo Airport
Here’s a list of the most common airlines flying into Venice Airport:
- Air Baltic
- Air Berlin
- Air Canada
- Air Dolomiti
- Air France
- Air Moldova
- American Airlines
- Blue Panorama Airlines
- British Airways
- Brussels Airlines
- Czech Airlines
- Norwegian Air Shuttle
- Primera Air
- Smart Wings
- TAP Portugal
- Turkish Airlines
- United Airlines
Alternative Airports Nearby
If you can’t find the flight you want, or you need to change airports suddenly, it’s always best to know where the closest airports are. Here are some alternatives:
- Trieste - Aeroporto Friuli Venezia Giulia - 115 km/ 1 hour 30 minutes
- Treviso - Sant-Angelo Airport - 30 km/ 30 minutes
- Verona - Valerio Catullo Airport - 134 km/ 1 hour 40 minutes
Cost of Flying with your Skis to Venice Airport
Airline companies often charge different fees for your baggage. We’ve looked at the prices of all the main airline companies flying into Venice airport. Here’s a run-down of the approximate costs of travelling with your own skis:
- AirBaltic - € 20 per flight
- Air Berlin - € 20 per flight
- Air Dolomiti - € 30 per flight
- Air France - € 25 per flight
- Air Moldova - € 50 per flight
- Alitalia - € 30 per flight
- American Airlines - € 25 per flight
- Blue Panorama Airlines - € 20 per flight
- British Airways - € 20 per flight
- Brussels Airlines - € 25 per flight
- Czech Airlines - € 25 per flight
- Easyjet - € 30 per flight
- Emirates - € 30 per flight
- Finnair - € 25 per flight
- Flyone - € 30 per flight
- Jet2com - € 30 per flight
- KLM - € 25 per flight
- LOT - € 40 per flight
- Lufthansa - € 50 per flight (if exceeds baggage allowance)
- Meridiana - € 50 per flight
- Monarch - € 35 per flight
- Norwegian Air Shuttle - € 25 per flight
- Pegasus Airlines - € 20 per flight
- Primera Air - € 40 per flight
- Smart Wings - € 60 per flight
- Transavia - € 30 per flight
- United Airlines - € 30 per flight
- Vueling - € 40 per flight
- Wizz Air - € 30 per flight
All of the above baggage prices are approximate, and may change depending on departure/arrival points, as well as other factors.
Cost of Transfers from Venice Marco Polo Airport
Our main goal is to offer our clients an excellent transfer service across the Alps region. To ensure the best possible service, we work with a dynamic pricing structure, and do not have fixed rates. Instead, our prices depend on several circumstances and aspects.
We strive for client satisfaction, which is why we offer complete transparency in our pricing structure. When determining the cost of a transfer, we begin with a base price and alter it depending on each individual customer’s needs and conditions. Our prices will only ever be reduced – never increased.
Here’s what we consider when making you a great offer:
- Location of the airport and resort you wish to travel to
- The number of travellers
- The day and time of travel (be sure to choose midweek for a discount!)
- Any special additional discounts available
If you choose to travel during off-peak times, or off-season, you can benefit from up to 60% discounts in prices when compared to weekend transfers.
When determining our prices, we also consider transfer schedules, vehicle availability, vehicle utilisation and other costs like road tolls or parking.
To find out more about our transfer prices, you can do so here.
Important Information for Venice Marco Polo Airport
If you’re flying into Venice Airport, here’s some vital links and useful information you may need:
Transfer from Venice Airport with Alps2Alps
We offer low-cost services for our clients, but we never cut corners when it comes to quality and safety. All of our drivers are English speakers and will always provide a punctual, professional service.
They’ll transport you from Venice Marco Polo airport to your desired ski resort in the best way possible. We pride ourselves on our exceptional reliability and efficiency.
Our fleet of cars consist of modern Renault Trafic, Opel Vivaro and Mercedes E Class vehicles. All are fully equipped for winter conditions and comply with local authority regulations.
Find out more and book your transfer from Venice Airport here!