Munich Airport & Transfer Guide
Munich Airport is a major international airport. It’s the seventh busiest airport in Europe and the second busiest in Germany, handling 42 million passengers in 2016. Due to its location, Munich airport is a popular choice for winter sports enthusiasts. If your ski holiday starts in Munich Airport, Alps2Alps are more than happy to be your transfer service provider. Here you will find all the necessary information about Munich Airport and transfers to your desired ski resort.
Munich International Airport is located 40 km north of Munich city centre. Munich is famous for its open-air markets and shopping – so be sure to visit the city if you have any free time.
Closest Ski Resorts to Munich Airport
Here are the closest ski resorts to Munich Airport. These transfer times are approximate only, as weather and traffic conditions can have significant impact on travel.
- Alpbach (Austria) - 171 km/ 2 hours 15 minutes
- Brixen (Italy) - 286 km/ 3 hours 30 minutes
- Ellmau (Austria) - 151 km/ 2 hours 10 minutes
- Garmisch-Partenkirchen (Germany) - 127 km/ 2 hours 5 minutes
- Hopfgarten (Austria) - 154 km/ 2 hours 5 minutes
- Innsbruck (Austria) - 204 km/ 2 hours 45 minutes
- Kuhtai (Austria) - 200 km/ 3 hours 20 minutes
- Lech (Austria) - 225 km/ 3 hours 40 minutes
- St. Anton am Arlberg (Austria) - 225km / 3hours 35 minutes
- Ischgl (Austria) – 229km / 3hours 50minutes
- Mayrhofen (Austria) - 196 km/ 2 hours 40 minutes
- Kitzbuhel (Austria) - 165 km/ 2 hours 25 minutes
- Scheffau (Austria) - 146 km/ 2 hours 5 minutes
- Seefeld (Austria) - 166 km/ 2 hour 50 minutes
- Solden (Austria) - 287 km/ 3 hours 45 minutes
- Soll (Austria) - 146 km/ 2 hours 5 minutes
- Zell (Austria) - 212 km/ 3 hours 15 minutes
Airlines Flying to Munich Airport
Here’s the list of the most common airlines flying into Munich Airport:
- Aegean Airlines
- Air Baltic
- Air Canada
- Air China
- Air Dolomiti
- Air France
- American Airlines
- British Airways
- Etihad Airways
- LOT Polish Airlines
- Turkish Airlines
- United Airlines
- UTair Aviation
Alternative Airports Near Munich
If you’re struggling to find the flight you want, or a diversion is needed, it’s always helpful to know the other airports close to Munich. Here are some nearby alternatives:
- Augsburg Airport - 85 km/ 1 hour
- Innsbruck Airport - 207 km/ 2 hours 30 minutes
- Memmingen Airport - 145 km/ 1 hour 40 minutes
- Salzburg Airport - 176 km / 2 hours 5 minutes
Transport from Munich Airport
The airport is located 40 km from the city centre and can be accessed by train, bus or taxi.
For the most convenient travel to your selected ski resort, we highly recommend using private transfer services, as public transport may involve several changes or delays.
Cost of Flying with your Skis to Munich Airport
Airline companies all charge different fees for your baggage. We have looked at the prices of the main airline companies flying into Munich Airport. Here’s the approximate cost of travelling with your own skis:
- Aegean Airlines - € 50 per flight
- Aeroflot - €40 per flight
- Air Baltic - € 35 per flight
- Air Canada - no extra charge
- Air China - € 100 per flight
- Air Dolomiti - € 50 per flight
- Air France - € 35 per flight
- American Airlines - € 25 per flight
- British Airways - € 45 per flight
- Condor - € 50 per flight
- EasyJet - € 40 per flight
- Emirates - € 30 per flight
- Etihad Airways - € 200 per flight
- Eurowings - € 50 per flight
- KLM - € 25 per flight
- LOT Polish Airlines - € 40 per flight
- Lufthansa - € 50 per flight
- NIKI - € 20 per flight
- Norwegian - € 35 per flight
- Ryanair - € 40 per flight
- SAS - € 35 per flight
- Transavia - € 29 per flight
- Turkish Airlines - € 25 per flight
- United Airlines - € 30 per flight
- UTair Aviation - € 50 per flight
- Volotea - € 30 per flight
*All baggage prices are approximate. They may change depending on departure/arrival point and other factors. We recommend getting acquainted with the airlines official info - in many cases skis can be carried as checked baggage within the free baggage allowance
Cost of Munich Airport Transfers
We aim to provide you with the best possible transfer service in the Alps. Our dynamic pricing structure guarantees you will get the best deal. Your quote depends on several circumstances and aspects - we don’t have fixed rates.
Here are the main factors we consider when making you a great offer:
- The time and day of your travel (midweek is the best choice for a discount!)
- Chosen airport and location of the resort you wish to travel to
- The number of people in your group
- Any special additional discounts we can offer
There are significant savings on your transfer when travelling off-peak and off-season. The prices may differ by up to 60% if you’re travelling midweek compared to the weekend.
We also take into consideration our vehicle availability, transfer schedule, vehicle utilization and other costs, for example, parking or road tolls when quoting your transfer.
Find out more about our transfer prices here.
Important Information for Munich Airport
If you’re flying into Munich Airport, here are some vital links and useful info you may need:
Munich Airport Homepage
Munich Airport Lounges
Munich Airport Real Time Departures
Munich Tourism Guide
Munich Airport Transfers with Alps2Alps
We never make cuts on quality and safety when offering cut-rate prices for our clients. Our English speaking, professional drivers will transport you from Munich Airport to your desired ski resort in the best way possible. We’re proud of our exceptional reliability and punctuality.
Our fleet of cars is modern and consists of Renault Trafic, Opel Vivaro and Mercedes E Class vehicles. All our vehicles are equipped for winter conditions and comply with local authority regulations.
Find out more and book your transfer from Munich Airport here!