Super Besse ski resort is the perfect choice if you’re looking for a family friendly, all-inclusive experience. From the village plan to the impressive architecture, you’ll find plenty of historic references and reminders of a time long gone.
Here you’ll find all you need to know about the Super Besse ski resort, including airport transfers, times, prices and weather.
Ski Resort Location
Situated in the commune of Besse-et-Saint-Anastaise, approximately 50km from Clermont-Ferrand, this ski resort offers visitors multiple hiking trails and cross-country tracks around Lake Pavin. The resort itself consists of two villages, Besse and Super Besse, both of which offer picturesque views, all-year-round festivity and community liveliness.
The on piste skiing is 43km along 27 tracks, all between 1300m and 1840m on the south-eastern slope of Puy de Sancy. Expect fitness centres, spas and a wide variety of dining opportunities.
Closest Airports to Super Besse
Flying out to Super Besse? Be sure to arrive at one of the closest airports:
• Clermont-Ferrand Auvergne Airport (CFE) – France
• Lyon-Saint Exupéry Airport (LYS) - France
• Chambery Airport (CMF) – France
• Grenoble Airport – (GNB) - France
• Geneva Airport – (GVA) - Switzerland
Closest Trains to Super Besse
If you’re travelling by train, these are the closest stations to Super Besse:
• Le Breuil-sur-Couze
• Gare D’Issoire
Transfer Times and Prices
These transfer times are an approximation only as both traffic and weather conditions can seriously affect transfer time:
• Le Breuil-sur-Couze – 50 minutes
• Gare D’Issoire – 45 minutes
• Clermont-Ferrand Auvergne Airport (CFE) – 1 hour 5 minutes
• Lyon-Saint Exupéry Airport (LYS) – 2 hours 50 minutes
• Chambery Airport (CMF) – 3 hours 30 minutes
• Grenoble Airport (GNB) – 3 hours 30 minutes
• Geneva Airport (GVA) – 4 hours 5 minutes
How Much Will My Transfer Cost?
Our pricing of transfers is done on a dynamic basis. We don’t just offer a standard, flat rate for our transfer from the airport to Super Besse. Instead, we take into account all aspects of your journey and provide a common sense approach. We already charge less than our competitors, but with our unique pricing system, we’re able to offer the very best deal possible.
When you approach Alps 2 Alps for a quote, we’ll start with our standard rate and adjust it to complement your specific circumstances. Here are the factors that will affect your transfer to Super Besse quote:
• Transfer journey – which airport you’re coming from
• Number of people travelling
• Day of travel
• Time of travel
• Special discounts available
Our adjustments will only ever result in a lowering of your costs – we never over-inflate our prices for any reason or at any time. Should you be looking for the best possible deals, travelling outside peak season or midweek typically leads to the biggest savings. We offer midweek (Monday to Friday) prices that reach up to 60% reduction in usual weekend prices.
Your transfer quote will also depend on vehicle availability, transfer schedule, vehicle utilisation and additional costs such as airport parking charges and road tolls.
Travelling with a larger group, or require any specific or specialised services? Please make sure to get in touch directly so we can discuss your needs further.
Resort Open and Closing Times
Super Besse’s opening times are subject to snow conditions:
Season opens – 9th December 2017
Season ends – 15th April 2018
Ski Resort Essentials
Super Besse sits an altitude of 1300m. Here’s some crucial information as to the resort itself:
• 4 black pistes
• 8 red pistes
• 9 blue pistes
• 5 green pistes
• 1350m lowest piste
• 22 ski lifts
• 27 runs
• 8 trails lit for night skiing
There are a variety of slopes for all different skill levels. While more are best suited to intermediate levels, there is something available for everyone at Super Besse.
Weather/Snow Weekly Forecast
Tourist Resources and Links
Transfers to Super Besse
Our vehicles are situated at the departure airports in order to ensure the lowest prices, most reliable service and a punctual transfer service.
You’ll need a provider that works for you, which is why Alps 2 Alps offer:
• 24/7 assistance – we’re always available to support and help, all round the clock
• Friendly service – you can expect a welcoming, experienced service from our pro-active staff
• Modern fleet – we’re always equipped for the winter weather and follow local regulations
• Reliable service – always on hand and we won’t let you down!
• Resourcefulness – we’ll always try everything we can to resolve any situations, issues or problems that arise
• Family friendly – family trips can be stressful, which is why we’ll do all we can to make your transfer as relaxing as possible (child and baby seats are provided free of charge)
• English speaking – all of our drivers are fluent in English and other European languages, meaning communication will always be crystal clear
Book Your Ski Transfer to Super Besse
Organise your ski trip with us online to make certain that you get the fastest, lowest costing and most efficient service possible. If you need any special service or destination that isn’t available here, contact us and we’ll do our best to help you.
We operate at the lowest cost possible without compromising on service, reliability or safety. Start and end your trip to Super Besse in the best possible way.