History of Chamonix
One of the most recognizable place names between Alpine resorts is Chamonix. It is one of the oldest ski resorts in France and is also known as the "gateway to the European Cascades." In 1760 Genevois Doctor Horace benedict de Saussure offered a price to the first person to reach the summit of Mont Blanc. Interest in this challenge increased every year and in 1770 Chamonix opened its doors to tourists by opening the first tourist hotel.
The location of this popular resort offers very good transport links and it is also convenient for Chamonix airport transfers from and to the nearest airports. By using Chamonix airport transfers, you will have a fast and easy access to the resort.
Nearest airports to Chamonix
The best way of getting to the charming ski resort is by using Chamonix airport transfers straight from the nearest airport. These are the best airports for Chamonix transfer:
- Chambery Airport (1h 30min);
- Geneva Airport (1h 45min);
- Grenoble Airport (2h 10min);
- Lyon Airport (2h 10min);
- Milano (Malpensa/Linate) Airport (2h 30min).
No matter what airport you choose, getting to the resort will be convenient and quick. Use our provided private or shared transfers to Chamonix and receive a top quality service for a relatively low price. Just make a reservation for Chamonix airport transfer and go on a trip without any worries!
Chamonix ski resort
Located at the foot of Europe’s highest peak – Mont-Blanc, Chamonix resort offers some of the greatest mountain views in the world. It is important to mention, that holding of the first Winter Olympic Games in 1924 further raised Chamonix's profile as an international tourist destination. Now transfers to Chamonix are a top demand by tourists from all over the world.
Chamonix is the real paradise for all level skiers and snowboarders - long slopes, free-ride, off-piste ride, beginner pistes - you name it. There are multiple ski areas:
- The Grands Montets (28km of pistes) offers you some of the greatest height drops in the world! 6 black runs and a true off-piste free-ride wonderland. There is also a snowpark here.
- Brevent and Flegere are two linked areas (56 km of pistes) with huge variety of pistes, freestyle-park and speed piste;
- Balme – Vallorcine (29 km of pistes) provides more relaxed, wide open slopes;
- Les Houches (55 km of piste) is probably the most famous of all Chamonix ski areas – World Cup in downhill is happening here, there is also a newly built snowpark.
Multiple different pistes for children and beginners are located in different ski areas throughout the resort. Lots and lots of various activities are provided to amuse and entertain the guests with different interests.
Chamonix is considered to be one of the most adventurous capitals of the world not just because of its excellent ski resort, but also a wide range of sports events that take place throughout the year:
- Free-ride World Tour in January;
- Mont Blanc Marathon in June;
- World Climbing Festival in July;
- UTMB in August.
All of this comes together with busy resort street life – huge variety of restaurants, shops, pastry and tea rooms, cinema, casino, night clubs and bars. For relaxation there are spa centers, for knowledge – museums and exhibitions.
Choose our transfers to Chamonix and enjoy a hassle free ride from airport to resort and back. Book now and have an amazing holidays! Chamonix airport transfers - your best choice.